DEPARTMENT FOR EDUCATION VISION FOR THE PRIMARY PE AND SPORT PREMIUM
ALL pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
The PE and Sports Premium funding has been provided to ensure impact against the following objective:
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools. At Gulval School our aim is to ensure that the focus of spending leads to long lasting impact against the vision that will live on well beyond the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding.
At Gulval School our aim was to see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer. This means that at Gulval School our aim for the PE and Sports Premium was to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that Gulval School already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
Funding at Gulval School was used to:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
For a full breakdown of Sports Premium spend, impact and sustainability follow the link below.
For more information about the PE and Sports Premium funding visit; https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pe-and-sport-premium-for-primary-schools
Click on the below links for information about the Gulval School PE offer and our successes